Vincentian ministries are administered by priests of the Sacred Heart Region of the Vincentian Congregation. We conduct evangelization retreats worldwide.
The Vincentian Congregation is a clerical society of the Catholic Church with the status of pontifical right. St. Vincent De Paul is the Patron of the Vincentian Congregation. The Congregation has taken as its motto, “He has sent me to proclaim the Good News to the poor” (Luke 4:18) and tries to realize it through Popular Mission retreats, preaching ministry, missionary works and charitable, social, educational and media apostolate.
Jesus accepted all, we too. “I will not reject anyone who comes to me” (John 6:37).
- Residential retreats are a time for prayer, reflection and renewal of life.
- It is a time to move from the daily routines of everyday life and journey in meditation of the Word of God to deepen relationship with God.
- The retreatants have to stay in the V.R.C. from Sunday 5pm to Thursday 9 am.
- Food and accommodation will be provided by the Retreat Centre. E) The prayer services and preaching of the Word of God during retreat days are from 6am to 10 pm.
- Silence is to be kept during the retreat.
- Cell phones and electronic gadgets must be switched off from beginning to the end of the retreat.
- Use and storage of alcohol, cigarettes, tobacco or any other stimulant will not be allowed.
- The retreat badge should be worn at all times. E) Punctuality and complete participation are necessary.
- Obedience, co-operation and mutual respect are expected from retreatants.
It is not convenient for mothers with small babies to attend the residential retreats.
We are sorry. We do not have the facility to give you special attention. You are advised not to attend residential retreats.
Yes. You have to bring toiletries, bed sheets, blankets, pillow cases, towels and other personal items.
Yes. There will be priests to hear confessions. We also conduct penitential services.
Yes. All who wish to attend residential retreats should register with their name, address, phone numbers and contact details.
The registration of the residential retreats begin three months in advance with a registration fee of Kshs: 500/-which is non-refundable.
No. If you wish to make any voluntary donations or offerings to support Vincentian ministries you will be acknowledged with a receipt from office. The money will be used for evangelization and feeding the poor.
No. You have to come for the retreat after attending Sunday Mass in your parish.
Yes. The Holy Bible, Prayer books, rosary, CDs, notebooks, pens, religious articles are available in our book shop. We have also in our store blankets, buckets, slippers and other toiletries.
We humbly accept your suggestions and corrections and try our best in trusting the renewing grace of God to change ourselves. If you have any, please deposit in the suggestions box of the Retreat Centre.
The retreat starts on Sunday 5 pm. You are requested to arrive on Sunday afternoon. Please collect your retreat badge upon arrival. Then just follow instructions with an open heart and have a fruitful retreat. If you need any help, please approach our zealous team members who are always happy to serve you.
Vincentian Retreat Centre is located along Thika Super Highway, 45 kilometres from Nairobi and 3 kilometres from Thika town. Those coming by bus or matatu can get down right in front of the Centre.
Yes. Our office is open every day from 8.30 am to 5.00 pm. The telephone numbers are 0706 128 129, 0731 679 168.
For more information please contact us